Tuesday 27 March 2012

As some of you may know, I am in London this week for work and I couldn't possibly not share some of my favorites from this side of the world. I lived here for a while a few years back and there are a few restaurants from then that I absolutely crave when I am back home in South Africa and always visit when I am here. My first, foremost and top of my 'to do' list is always Ping Pong.



I am a sucker for dim sum. I love it. There are so many different types and favours that its impossible to grow bored of it. This spot gets it right every time. Their pay off line is " little steamed parcels of deliciousness" and I could not agree more. Its a simple set up, dark wooden bench seats and low, bar top dining. You make your selection on a checklist at your place setting. This you hand to the waiter and the kitchen will send out dishes as they are ready.



Its very much a sharing restaurant so I wouldn't fly solo here. There are normally three in a portion so gather your supper club accordingly (in multiplies of three). I wouldn't say its a great spot for a first date as I guarantee one of you will fight the other for the last portion!

PS. always order the extra dipping sauces. They are an amazing compliment to the dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment