Friday 12 October 2012

Hello fellow foodies!

Apologies for my lack of posts for the last few weeks but there has just been a whole lot of crazy going on. I am almost disappointed in myself for having not shared this recipe yet... I have been making fudge since I was about 5 years old. In fact, it was the very first thing I ever made in the kitchen on my own! Below is the very best recipe for Fudge. You can get creative and add all sorts- chocolate, nuts, m&m's, maldon salt- but I prefer it straight up and traditional. Enjoy and don't burn your fingers! 



BEST fudge recipe in the universe...


3 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence


  • In a heavy based pot heat milk and sugar on a medium heat, stirring continuously, until all the sugar is completely dissolved- this requires some patience! Don't be tempted to turn up the heat to speed up the process.
  •  Add the condensed milk and bring the mixture to a rolling boil- again stirring continuously. After about 25 minutes the mixture will have reduced and become golden in colour. You want to get the mixture to the 'balling' stage- to test this, drop a small amount of the mixture into a cup of freezing cold water- then try and make it into a ball- this is the sign that the mixture is ready.
  • Add the vanilla essence and butter and beat the mixture with an electric beater for about 5 minutes. 
  • Transfer into a very well greased baking dish and allow to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!!

Voila!


Tagged: , ,

1 comment: