Wow!!!!-my literal reaction when I walked into the newly opened Societi Brasserie in Tokai earlier this year.

Spacious and open planned interior of Societi Brasserie

The style and flavours of Societi remains the same in this menu and dishes are adapted every season. Executive chef Stéfan Marais is a master of using only the freshest seasonal produce, to create the most uncomplicated and flavorsome dishes for the local (and occationally international) clientele.
So a few days ago I decided my new camara (a beloved and treasured christmas gift from ‘Father Christmas’ aka Dad) needed a visit to check out this hot new spot, situated in Forest Glade House on Tokai road. We weren’t too hungry but once we arrived (my camera and I) I wanted to, as usual, eat everything on the menu. Most, if not all, the dishes are made to order so you know that the ingredients are fresh! The open kitchen is one of the best features of the restaurant and if its not too busy you can pop your head in and chat to the chefs-always good to know what they recommend to eat!
After plenty of deliberation I decided on the following gourmet delights!

Citrus Marinated Olives rosemary, Watermelon & Goat’s Cheese with vodka-mint dressing and Watermelon & Goat’s Cheese with vodka-mint dressing


Citrus Marinated Olives rosemary

                           

Free Range Chicken Liver Parfait with chutney and brioche toast

I highly recommend a visit to Societi Brasserie- but definitely go with an empty stomach and a designated driver! The wine list is too good to resist.