Thursday 13 December 2012

So I am in boiling hot and humid Durban and already I am losing my temper and want to jump into the nearest swimming pool to escape the heat.

What better way to take ones mind off such unbearable climatic conditions than a bit of class and colonialism. So off we head to The Oyster Box in Umhlanga Rocks.

I always enjoyed coming here as a child, sipping milkshakes and eating French fries drenched in tomato sauce, on the hotel's beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean.

So here I am, years later, indulging in the famous Oyster Box breakfast....

I have started the day right, passing swiftly passed the eggs and bacon and on to the oysters and mimosas...'when in Rome' I say to the judgemental glances at my alcoholic beverage well before nine am!

The service is exceptional and it certainly is more of an experience that a meal. My eggs benedict were perfectly poached and the hollandaise sauce definitely deserves a special mention. My mimosa was kept topped up, the views were spectacular and I very soon forgot the heat...

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment