Wednesday 8 August 2012

In my family no meal is complete without chocolate. I remember being a child and having big family Sunday lunches..afterwards whilst everyone was relaxing, my dad would give my mom a look and off she'd go into the kitchen and emerge half an hour later with her "quick and easy' microwave chocolate cake. Now whilst I very much appreciated it at the time, I have developed and adapted this Sunday tradition to Chocolate Fondant. Often now days, after a delicious roast, my family look at me with the same knowing look as my dad used to give my mom...its time for chocolate!

My Chocolate Fondant recipe (surprisingly quick and easy)-Makes 8


8 ramekins, greased with butter and dusted with cocoa powder
100g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the ramekins.
4 tsp cocoa powder (for dusting the ramekins) 
100g good quality bitter chocolate (I use 70% cocoa Lindt)- bashed up
2 free range eggs
2 free range egg yolks
120g castor sugar
100g plain flour sifted
Vanilla ice cream to serve

Secret ingredient- pinch of Maldon Salt- Brings out the flavour of the Lindt!

1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Grease 8 ramekins (about 7.5cm in diameter), then dust liberally with cocoa, shaking out any excess.
3. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour. Divide the chocolate mixture between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
5. Turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!!

Tagged: ,

1 comment:

  1. omgosh best EVER.. I am totes trying this soon!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete